- Improve your listening comprehension and pronunciation
- Communicate in everyday situations and conversations
- Live in English through functional lessons on topics such as family, health, and housing
- Increase your fluency through curriculum that integrates speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Learn the grammar you need to know
- Write sentences, paragraphs, and longer compositions
- Focus on reading comprehension skills
- Learn to read actively, skim, and scan
- Build your English vocabulary at each level
- Prepare for academic reading and writing
- Get help in reading/writing based college courses
- Methodology that enables students to understand the written word in a systematic way, from their current student skill level.
- Guides students through sounds and symbols, from basic consonants and vowels through higher-level skills, including variant vowels and diphthongs.
- Focuses on blending, segmenting, and word manipulation practice.
- Varied resources and methods that support all students and learning styles and make practice fun!
High-frequency words (sight words):
- Prepares students for reading success by reinforcing recognition of most common words in the English language.
- Resources specifically tailored to familiarize students with high-frequency words in an easy-to-read format that they can bring anywhere.
- Helps students achieve greater fluency and increases self-confidence.
- Leads students through longer passages and books, which put their phonics and high-frequency word skills to the test!
- Models reading skills and moves students toward independent reading.
- Emphasizes other foundational skills, including comprehension, vocabulary, and writing.